List Of Ingredients:
- Okra/Bhindi-400 grams
- Coriander powder (Dhanya powder) -1+1/2 tsp
- Fennel Powder (Saunf powder) -1 tsp
- Red Chilly powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi powder)-3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala-1/4 tsp
- Dry Mango powder (Amchoor) -1tsp
- Salt-1 tsp (or to taste)
- Ginger Paste-1 tsp
- Carom seeds (Ajawain)- 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida (Heena) -A pinch
- Lemon juice-1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander-For garnishing
Steps To Prepare:
Wash the ladyfingers properly. Chop the crown and tip of the ladyfingers as shown in the image below.
Make an incision/slit in the middle of ladyfingers without cutting it completely. Keep it aside.
Take all the spices in a bowl and mix them together.
This mixture of spices will be used to stuff the okras/bhindi.
Take about 1/2 tsp of the spice mixture and fill it in the incision made on the ladyfingers. Do it for all the ladyfingers one by one.
Heat some oil in a non stick pan. Add carom seeds and asafoetida (heeng) in it.
When the seeds begin to crackle, add stuffed okras to it. Give it a gentle stir and cover with a lid.
Bharwan Bhindi is ready. Garnish it with some more chopped coriander leaves and serve hot!!
Leave a Reply