Eggless Blueberry Muffins are delicious and soft fruit muffins made using fresh blueberries with a hint of lemon. These tender, sweet, egg free blueberry muffins are perfect for snacks, breakfast or tea time and can easily be made vegan. Both oven & air fryer cooking methods are explained in this post.
The citrusy notes of lemon combined with sweetness of blueberries is absolutely match made in heaven. They turn out so soft that no one can even guess that the muffins are made without eggs.
These lemon blueberry muffins are made using yoghurt & can also be made vegan by substituting yoghurt with any non dairy yoghurt. The recipe is extremely easy & quick with a few common ingredients from kitchen pantry.
In India, blueberries are in season for just 1-2 months and also not readily available in all grocery stores. This year I decided not to miss the chance of sharing this lovely recipe for eggless lemon blueberry muffins. I tried making this recipe without lemon too but I felt the classic combination of blueberry & lemon tasted so much better in these muffins.
I have used fresh blueberries but you can use frozen blueberries too. If you are using homemade curd, then make sure to use the thick part in this recipe. You can use any flavourless & odourless oil in this muffins recipe.
I have shared stepwise recipe with images along with this youtube video on my channel for these egg free blueberry muffins. If you like it, do share & subscribe 🙂
Can I make these blueberry muffins vegan?
The only dairy ingredient in this muffin recipe is yoghurt. You can use any non dairy yogurt like coconut yogurt to make these blueberry muffins vegan.
Can I use frozen blueberries to make these muffins?
Yes I have tried this recipe with both fresh & frozen blueberries. Just thaw the frozen blueberries for 10-15 minutes on kitchen counter before adding them to muffin batter.
The recipe for both oven and air fryer will remain the same except the baking time. I have first explained the oven method and then air fryer method towards the end of post.
Ingredients: (Makes 6 to 7 muffins)
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Yoghurt* – 2/3 cup
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
- Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Blueberries – 1/2 cup
- Instead of regular yogurt you can also use non dairy yogurt to make these blueberry muffins dairy free or vegan.
- Use any neutral flavoured oil like olive, sunflower or canola oil for making these muffins.
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries (discussed above also).
- If you are using homemade yogurt or curd then make sure to use thick part of the curd. Also it should not be sour.
Sieve together all purpose flour (maida), baking powder & baking soda. These are the dry ingredients of the recipe. Keep them aside.
In a mixing bowl, add yoghurt & granulated sugar. Whisk well till sugar is dissolved completely.
In the same bowl, add oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. While grating lemon zest make sure not to grate white part of it as it will make the muffins bitter. Whisk well once again.
Before we start making the batter, set the oven for preheating at 180 degrees Celsius. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients bowl in two batches. Fold it gently.
Add fresh blueberries to the above batter. Save some for putting on top at the end.
Place muffin liners in muffin tray. Transfer the batter in each of the liner such that they are filled 2/3rd of their capacity. Put some blueberries on top. (This recipe makes 6 to 7 muffins.)
Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 25 minutes. Check the centre of a muffin with a skewer after 25 minutes. If it comes out clean, the muffin is baked else bake for 2-3 minutes more.
Enjoy these soft delicious egg free Blueberry Lemon Muffins!! Bon Appetit
How to store these Blueberry Lemon muffins?
Store these muffin in an airtight box in fridge for upto 2-3 days. Microwave it for 10-15 seconds before serving & they will be as good as freshly baked.
Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
To make these egg free blueberry muffins in air fryer, the recipe will remain the same. Only the cooking method and time will change as per air fryer.
1. Preheat the air fryer at 180° Celsius (356°F) for 10 min.
2. Once the air fryer is preheated, transfer the filled muffin liners inside the air fryer basket. I could fit 4 in my air fryer basket but if you have bigger one feel free to place more of them.
3. Air fry these blueberry muffins 180° C (356°F) for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes check the centre of one of the muffins with a skewer or knife. If it comes out clean (no wet batter) then the muffins are ready else bake for 2 to 3 minutes more.
Can I use paper muffin liners inside air fryer basket?
As you can see above I have uses only silicon liners to bake inside the air fryer. If you want to use paper liners then place them inside these silicon liners as if we bake the muffins in paper liners only, they tend to expand sideways instead of rising (In oven, the muffin tray supports the sides of muffin liner & does not let them expand sideways). If you have bigger air fryer, you can use regular tray with paper liners or use individual moulds to support the paper liners.
Baking Equipments Used:
- Muffin Tray : https://amzn.to/2NIrpJy
- Muffin Liners: https://amzn.to/3dqkcsf
- Measuring Cups & Spoons: https://amzn.to/2Zt7Mrj
Pin for later:
More eggless baking recipes :
- Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
- Eggless Vegetable Breakfast Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread (whole wheat)
- Eggless Banana Oats Muffins
If you try this eggless blueberry muffins recipe & share pics on social media, then don’t forget to tag on Facebook, Instagram or use #kuchpakrahahai.